Introduction Android Phone Update Problems
The Xiaomi Mi 6X has gone global and we have a play with the international Mi A2. Some large shoes it has to fill – the Mi A1 was such a well-rounded yet affordable smartphone that it would frequently feature in our inspection decisions as the principal option for a wide assortment of competitors. Can the Mi A2 top that? Android Phone Update Problems
For starters, this year’s chipset is a top notch (or many ) up – the Snapdragon 625 in the Mi A1 was all about endurance, while the Snapdragon 660 at the Mi A2 is likewise frugal, just vastly stronger.
Talking of notches, there’s not one to spoil the top of the Mi A2’s screen. It is a modern 18:9 apparatus, the almost-6-inches in diagonal FullHD+ LCD which Xiaomi’s used on a whole lot of smartphones. So, that’s another one where A2>A1.
More of side step than a definitive improvement is the camera. Gone is the 12MP telephoto module which supplied 2x zoom, replaced by a 20MP secondary camera for improved low-light performance (OnePlus-style). The major cam on the back remains 12MP, but now gets a 2/3 of a stop brighter lens (f/1.8 vs. f/2.2). On the front, a 20MP selfie camera (same sensor as the one on the rear ) replaces the basic 5MP shot of the Mi A1, and features an additional flash too.
Xiaomi Mi A2 specs
- Body: Aluminum body.
- Screen: 5.99″ IPS LCD, 1,080×2,160px resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, 403ppi.
- Rear camera: Main 12MP, Sort 1/2.9″ detector, 1.25µm pixel measurements, f/1.75 aperture, PDAF; Secondary 20MP for non, Sort 1/2.8″ detector, 1.0µm pixel measurements, f/1.75 aperture, autofocus, pixel binning. 2160p/30fps.
- Front camera: 20MP, 1.0µm pixel measurements, f/2.2 aperture, Automobile HDR, pixel binning. 1080p/30fps video.
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo (part of Android One).
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660: octa-core CPU (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260), Adreno 512 GPU.
- Memory: 4/6GB of RAM; 32/64/128GB storage; no microSD slot.
- Battery: 3,000mAh Li-Ion (sealed); QuickCharge 3.0 fast charging.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE, USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS; Bluetooth 5.0, IR blaster.
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader; solitary down-firing speaker; no 3.5mm jack (adapter in the box).
Which brings us to the changes that can not really be interpreted as an improvement. Xiaomi may want you to feel that the Mi A2 is now even less costly, as there’s a 32GB storage variant, and you get the option to get a totally tricked out 6GB/128GB one for a price premium (the first was only provided in 4GB/64GB trimming ). What does not make it to the media materials is that the microSD slot is now gone. Boo! Android Phone Update Problems
Another victim with this creation is that the 3.5mm headphone jack – and we believed midrangers were immune from this spreading fad. At least there’s an adapter in the package.
Xiaomi Mi A2 unboxing Android Phone Update Problems
The Mi A2 comes in a somewhat unusual box since Xiaomi packaging goes – it isn’t the horizontal black boxes of the Mi Mixes and the Mi 8, and it isn’t the bright red packaging of the Redmis either. Instead, it’s a white box with a picture of this phone on top and a notable Android One logo – like the A1 then.
Inside, you’ll discover the phone, a charger (5V/2A), a USB-C cable to go with it, and the USB-C to 3.5mm dongle we mentioned. With the A2, Xiaomi also throws in a soft silicone case – there was no such treatment for the A1, so that’s something.
Taken on its own, the Mi A2 is not just because of its cost, and a really impressive device. The Mi A2 delivers on most facets of the smartphone experience that is core