Introduction Android Phone Verizon
The Xiaomi Mi 6X has gone global and we have a play with the global Mi A2. Some large shoes it has to fill – the Mi A1 was such a well-rounded yet affordable smartphone that it would often feature in our review decisions as the principal alternative for a wide range of competitors. Can the Mi A2 top that? Android Phone Verizon
For starters, this year’s chipset is a top notch (or many ) up – the Snapdragon 625 in the Mi A1 was all about endurance, while the Snapdragon 660 in the Mi A2 is likewise frugal, just vastly more powerful.
Talking of notches, there is not one to spoil the top of the Mi A2’s screen. It’s a modern 18:9 apparatus, the almost-6-inches in diagonal FullHD+ LCD which Xiaomi’s used on a whole lot of smartphones. So, that is another one where A2>A1.
More of side step than a definitive improvement is your camera. Gone is the 12MP telephoto module that supplied 2x zoom, replaced by a 20MP secondary camera for enhanced low-light performance (OnePlus-style). The significant cam on the trunk remains 12MP, but now gets a 2/3 of a stop brighter lens (f/1.8 vs. f/2.2). On the front, a 20MP selfie camera (same sensor as the one on the back ) replaces the basic 5MP shot of the Mi A1, and features an additional flash too.
Xiaomi Mi A2 specs
- Body: Aluminum body.
- Display: 5.99″ IPS LCD, 1,080×2,160px resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, 403ppi.
- Rear camera: Main 12MP, Sort 1/2.9″ detector, 1.25µm pixel dimensions, f/1.75 aperture, PDAF; Secondary 20MP for non, Sort 1/2.8″ detector, 1.0µm pixel dimensions, f/1.75 aperture, autofocus, pixel binning. 2160p/30fps.
- Front camera: 20MP, 1.0µm pixel measurements, f/2.2 aperture, Automobile HDR, pixel binning. 1080p/30fps video recording.
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo (part of Android One).
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660: octa-core CPU (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260), Adreno 512 GPU.
- Memory: 4/6GB of RAM; 32/64/128GB storage; no microSD slot.
- Battery: 3,000mAh Li-Ion (sealed); QuickCharge 3.0 fast charging.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE, USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS; Bluetooth 5.0, IR blaster.
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader; solitary down-firing speaker; no 3.5mm jack (adapter in the box).
Which brings us to the changes that can not really be interpreted as an improvement. Xiaomi might want you to believe that the Mi A2 is even less costly, since there’s a 32GB storage variation, and you get the choice to get a totally tricked out 6GB/128GB one for a price premium (the first was only provided in 4GB/64GB trimming ). What doesn’t make it to the media materials is that the microSD slot is now gone. Boo! Android Phone Verizon
Another victim with this invention is that the 3.5mm headphone jack – and we believed midrangers were immune from this spreading fad. At least there’s an adapter in the package.
Xiaomi Mi A2 unboxing Android Phone Verizon
The Mi A2 comes in a somewhat unusual box because Xiaomi packaging goes – it is not the horizontal black boxes of the Mi Mixes and the Mi 8, and it is not the bright red packaging of the Redmis either. Instead, it is a white box with a picture of this phone on top and a notable Android One symbol – such as the A1 then.
Inside, you’ll discover the phone, a charger (5V/2A), a USB-C cable to go with it, and the USB-C to 3.5mm dongle we mentioned. With the A2, Xiaomi also throws in a soft silicone case – there was no such remedy for the A1, so that is something.
The Mi A2 is not just because of its price, and a really impressive device. The Mi A2 delivers on most facets of the smartphone experience