Introduction Android Phone Xbox 360 Controller
The Xiaomi Mi 6X has gone global and we have a play with the international Mi A2. Some big shoes it must fill – the Mi A1 was such a well-rounded yet affordable smartphone that it would often feature in our inspection decisions as the principal option for a wide assortment of competitors. Can the Mi A2 top that? Android Phone Xbox 360 Controller
For starters, this year’s chipset is a top notch (or many ) up – the Snapdragon 625 at the Mi A1 was all about endurance, while the Snapdragon 660 at the Mi A2 is similarly frugal, just vastly stronger.
Talking of notches, there is not one to spoil the top of the Mi A2’s screen. It’s a modern 18:9 device, the almost-6-inches in diagonal FullHD+ LCD that Xiaomi’s used on a whole lot of smartphones. So, that’s another one where A2>A1.
More of side step than a definitive improvement is your camera. Gone is the 12MP telephoto module that supplied 2x zoom, replaced by a 20MP secondary camera for improved low-light performance (OnePlus-style). The significant cam on the back remains 12MP, but now gets a 2/3 of a stop brighter lens (f/1.8 vs. f/2.2). On the front, a 20MP selfie camera (same sensor as the one on the rear ) replaces the basic 5MP shot of the Mi A1, and features another flash too.
Xiaomi Mi A2 specs
- Body: Aluminum body.
- Screen: 5.99″ IPS LCD, 1,080×2,160px resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, 403ppi.
- Rear camera: Main 12MP, Sort 1/2.9″ sensor, 1.25µm pixel measurements, f/1.75 aperture, PDAF; Secondary 20MP for non, Sort 1/2.8″ detector, 1.0µm pixel dimensions, f/1.75 aperture, autofocus, pixel binning. 2160p/30fps.
- Front camera: 20MP, 1.0µm pixel dimensions, f/2.2 aperture, Automobile HDR, pixel binning. 1080p/30fps video.
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo (part of Android One).
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660: octa-core CPU (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260), Adreno 512 GPU.
- Memory: 4/6GB of RAM; 32/64/128GB storage; no microSD slot.
- Battery: 3,000mAh Li-Ion (sealed); QuickCharge 3.0 fast charging.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE, USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS; Bluetooth 5.0, IR blaster.
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader; solitary down-firing speaker; no 3.5mm jack (adapter in the box).
Which brings us to the changes that can not really be interpreted as an improvement. Xiaomi might want you to believe that the Mi A2 is even less costly, since there’s a 32GB storage variant, and you get the option to find a totally tricked out 6GB/128GB one for a cost premium (the first was only supplied in 4GB/64GB trimming ). What does not make it to the media materials is that the microSD slot is now gone. Boo! Android Phone Xbox 360 Controller
Another victim with this creation is that the 3.5mm headphone jack – and we believed midrangers were immune from this spreading fad. At least there is an adapter in the package.
Xiaomi Mi A2 unboxing Android Phone Xbox 360 Controller
The Mi A2 comes at a somewhat unusual box because Xiaomi packaging goes – it is not the horizontal black boxes of the Mi Mixes and the Mi 8, and it isn’t the bright red packaging of this Redmis either. Instead, it is a white box with a picture of this phone on top and a notable Android One logo – like the A1 then.
Inside, you’ll discover the phone, a charger (5V/2A), a USB-C cable to go with it, and the USB-C to 3.5mm dongle we mentioned. With the A2, Xiaomi also throws in a soft silicone case – there was no such treatment for the A1, so that is something.
The Mi A2 is a device, and not only because of its cost. The Mi A2 delivers on many facets of the smartphone experience that is core