Introduction Xiaomi A2 Release Date
The Xiaomi Mi 6X has gone global and we have a play with the global Mi A2. Some large shoes it has to fill – the Mi A1 was such a well-rounded yet affordable smartphone that it would frequently feature in our inspection decisions as the principal alternative for a wide range of competitors. Can the Mi A2 top that? Xiaomi A2 Release Date
For starters, this year’s chipset is a top notch (or many ) up – the Snapdragon 625 in the Mi A1 was all about endurance, while the Snapdragon 660 in the Mi A2 is likewise frugal, just vastly more powerful.
Talking of notches, there is not one to spoil the top of the Mi A2’s screen. It’s a modern 18:9 apparatus, the almost-6-inches in diagonal FullHD+ LCD which Xiaomi’s used on a good deal of smartphones. So, that is another one where A2>A1.
More of side step than a definitive improvement is the camera. Gone is the 12MP telephoto module which supplied 2x zoom, replaced by a 20MP secondary camera for enhanced low-light performance (OnePlus-style). The major cam on the trunk remains 12MP, but now gets a 2/3 of a stop brighter lens (f/1.8 vs. f/2.2). On the front, a 20MP selfie camera (same sensor as the one on the rear ) replaces the fundamental 5MP shot of the Mi A1, and features an additional flash too.
Xiaomi Mi A2 specs
- Body: Aluminum body.
- Display: 5.99″ IPS LCD, 1,080×2,160px resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, 403ppi.
- Rear camera: Main 12MP, Sort 1/2.9″ detector, 1.25µm pixel dimensions, f/1.75 aperture, PDAF; Secondary 20MP for non, Sort 1/2.8″ sensor, 1.0µm pixel measurements, f/1.75 aperture, autofocus, pixel binning. 2160p/30fps.
- Front camera: 20MP, 1.0µm pixel dimensions, f/2.2 aperture, Automobile HDR, pixel binning. 1080p/30fps video.
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo (part of Android One).
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660: octa-core CPU (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260), Adreno 512 GPU.
- Memory: 4/6GB of RAM; 32/64/128GB storage; no microSD slot.
- Battery: 3,000mAh Li-Ion (sealed); QuickCharge 3.0 fast charging.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE, USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS; Bluetooth 5.0, IR blaster.
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader; solitary down-firing speaker; no 3.5mm jack (adapter in the box).
Which brings us to the changes which can’t really be interpreted as an improvement. Xiaomi might want you to believe that the Mi A2 is even less costly, since there’s a 32GB storage variant, and you get the option to find a totally tricked out 6GB/128GB one for a price premium (the first was only supplied in 4GB/64GB trimming ). What does not make it to the media materials is that the microSD slot is now gone. Boo! Xiaomi A2 Release Date
Another victim with this creation is the 3.5mm headphone jack – and we thought midrangers were immune from this spreading fad. At least there is an adapter in the package.
Xiaomi Mi A2 unboxing Xiaomi A2 Release Date
The Mi A2 comes at a somewhat unusual box because Xiaomi packaging goes – it is not the horizontal black boxes of the Mi Mixes and the Mi 8, and it isn’t the bright red packaging of this Redmis either. Instead, it is a white box with a picture of this phone on top and a notable Android One symbol – such as the A1 then.
Inside, you’ll discover the phone, a charger (5V/2A), a USB-C cable to go with it, and the USB-C to 3.5mm dongle we mentioned. With the A2, Xiaomi also throws in a soft silicone case – there was no such remedy for the A1, so that is something.
Taken by itself, the Mi A2 is not just because of its cost, and a really impressive device. The Mi A2 delivers on facets of the smartphone experience