Introduction Android Phone Backup And Restore
The Xiaomi Mi 6X has gone global and we have a play with the international Mi A2. Some big shoes it must fill – the Mi A1 was such a well-rounded yet affordable smartphone that it would often feature in our review decisions as the principal option for a wide range of competitors. Can the Mi A2 top that? Android Phone Backup And Restore
For starters, this year’s chipset is a top notch (or many ) up – the Snapdragon 625 at the Mi A1 was all about endurance, while the Snapdragon 660 in the Mi A2 is likewise frugal, just vastly more powerful.
Talking of notches, there is not one to spoil the top of the Mi A2’s screen. It is a modern 18:9 device, the almost-6-inches in diagonal FullHD+ LCD that Xiaomi’s used on a good deal of smartphones. So, that’s another one where A2>A1.
More of side step than a definitive improvement is your camera. Gone is the 12MP telephoto module that provided 2x zoom, replaced by a 20MP secondary camera for enhanced low-light performance (OnePlus-style). The major cam on the trunk remains 12MP, but now gets a 2/3 of a stop brighter lens (f/1.8 vs. f/2.2). On the front, a 20MP selfie camera (same sensor as the one on the back ) replaces the fundamental 5MP shot of the Mi A1, and features another flash too.
Xiaomi Mi A2 specs
- Body: Aluminum body.
- Display: 5.99″ IPS LCD, 1,080×2,160px resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, 403ppi.
- Rear camera: Main 12MP, Sort 1/2.9″ detector, 1.25µm pixel dimensions, f/1.75 aperture, PDAF; Secondary 20MP for non, Sort 1/2.8″ sensor, 1.0µm pixel dimensions, f/1.75 aperture, autofocus, pixel binning. 2160p/30fps.
- Front camera: 20MP, 1.0µm pixel dimensions, f/2.2 aperture, Automobile HDR, pixel binning. 1080p/30fps video recording.
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo (part of Android One).
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660: octa-core CPU (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260), Adreno 512 GPU.
- Memory: 4/6GB of RAM; 32/64/128GB storage; no microSD slot.
- Battery: 3,000mAh Li-Ion (sealed); QuickCharge 3.0 fast charging.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE, USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS; Bluetooth 5.0, IR blaster.
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader; solitary down-firing speaker; no 3.5mm jack (adapter in the box).
Which brings us to the changes which can’t really be interpreted as an improvement. Xiaomi may want you to believe that the Mi A2 is now even less expensive, as there’s a 32GB storage variant, and you get the option to find a totally tricked out 6GB/128GB one for a cost premium (the first was only supplied in 4GB/64GB trimming ). What doesn’t make it to the media materials is that the microSD slot is now gone. Boo! Android Phone Backup And Restore
Another victim with this creation is that the 3.5mm headphone jack – and we thought midrangers were immune from this spreading fad. At least there is an adapter in the package.
Xiaomi Mi A2 unboxing Android Phone Backup And Restore
The Mi A2 comes in a somewhat unusual box since Xiaomi packaging goes – it isn’t the horizontal black boxes of the Mi Mixes and the Mi 8, and it is not the bright red packaging of this Redmis either. Instead, it’s a white box with a picture of the phone on top and a notable Android One logo – such as the A1 then.
Inside, you’ll discover the phone, a charger (5V/2A), a USB-C cable to go with it, and the USB-C to 3.5millimeter dongle we mentioned. With the A2, Xiaomi also throws in a soft silicone case – there was no such remedy for the A1, so that’s something.
Taken by itself, the Mi A2 is not only because of its cost, and a really impressive device. The Mi A2 delivers on facets of the smartphone experience